There are currently two vacancies that the Parish Council wish to fill by co-option.
- Parish Councillors are unpaid volunteers receiving only authorised out of pocket expenses all of which are reported in the minutes of the Parish Council.
- Involvement as a Parish Councillor is of itself rewarding as any of the current Councillors will testify. Responding to local issues has always been important but is becoming more so as Sefton Council has been forced to make cuts in many services.
How to become a Councillor
You should consider becoming a parish or town councillor if:
- You want to do something positive for your community
- You want to spend your time productively
- You can think, listen and act locally
You must also satisfy the following criteria:
- be at least 18 years of age on the day you are co-opted.
- be a British citizen, a qualifying citizen of a Commonwealth country, a citizen of the Irish Republic, or a citizen of another member state of the European Union
You must also meet at least one of the four following qualifications on the day you are co-opted.
- be registered as a local government elector for the local authority area in which you are standing
- have occupied as an owner or a tenant any land or premises in the local authority area in which you are standing during the whole of the 12 months before the day you are co-opted.
- have had your main or only place of work during the last 12 months in the local authority area in which you are standing
- have lived in the local authority area in which you are standing during the whole of the last 12 months
If you have time and energy that you feel you would like to use in the service of the local community, please apply in writing to the Clerk to the Parish Council by 31 August 2016:
Post: Melling Parish Council, P O Box 119, LIVERPOOL L31 5WB
"It is that time of year again, WW1 Exhibition at Aintree Davenhill School, Aintree Lane Tuesday7th...
Join a friendly group of people for a hot drink and a delicious cake or a bacon roll over good...
Melling’s new photography club, ‘Shoot’, was set up to encourage local people to...
GET FIT FOR 2016 come along and join in Every Saturday @ MRCA CLUB, WADDICAR LANE,...
Melling has a strong Scouting group that has been in existence for many years and is run by...
Melling Pensioners Club Melling pensioners club is a friendly group for people who enjoy great...
Melling Youth Group meet every Wednesday at Caunce Hall (Melling Scout Hut), 146 Waddicar Lane,...